Take your look seriously. To help, here are 5 natural skin care tips you can try today for a more beautiful complexion.
Are you tired of guessing of what to actually do to preserve the youthfulness of your skin? If you are, you have probably tried all types of eye makeup along with creams and lotions in your eternal quest for radiant and younger-looking skin.
Well, let me tell you the truth: it is actually quite simple to keep your skin beautiful! You just need to know how to take care of it naturally, so you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on skin care products that are full of synthetic chemicals.
Here are some of my best tips on natural skin care to get you started on the right track:
1. Your skin is not a dinner plate or a pair of jeans – don’t clean it too much. Your skin is a living organ, and it doesn’t need to be cleansed of its natural oils.
Too often, people make the mistake of buying scrubs that are just too harsh on the skin. Instead of buying scrubs that promise “zero oil,” opt for gentler cleansers (usually in gel or cream form) that have no fragrances added.
If you can buy them from health stores or organic stores, that is a plus because you won’t have to deal with the extra toxins and chemicals found in commercial cleansers. Also, do not forget to rinse off any skin care products with lots of water.
2. If you are using sunscreen that absorbs UV rays instead of reflecting them, be sure to apply the cream or lotion at least half an hour before you go out into the sun.
This rule applies in any location. Sunscreen that absorbs UV rays needs time to be absorbed into the top layer of the skin. If you go out into the sun too soon after applying it, the sunscreen will not be effective, period.
Also, do not buy any skin care product that doesn’t state its SPF rating. An SPF rating of 30 to 50 is adequate in most cases.
3. If you have large, visible pores, there is no need to use potent toners to shrink them. Your pores are genetically predetermined, so it’s not really your ageing that is to blame.
If you want your pores to be less visible, all you need to do is to keep your skin clear of contaminants like dirt.
Washing your face more frequently will help. Make sure not to use bar soaps and detergent-like cleansers, for obvious reasons.
4. Always set realistic goals for yourself in terms of your skin’s appearance. Do not try to transform your skin into something that it is not.
For example, if you have naturally oily skin, it means that your skin was designed to be bathed in extra sebum daily.
If you scrub your face clear of oil, irritation might occur. If your skin becomes irritated, you will end up dealing with more than just oily skin. Irritated skin can become dry, red and scaly.
5. Drink six to eight glasses of water per day. Your skin needs to be hydrated from within, too!
I hope these natural skin care tips will help you to be more beautiful. Not just for others to see, but for your own enjoyment!